2018 Edgewater Farmers Market Application
Thank you for your interest in participating in our Farmer’s Market at the municipal lot located at 336 River Road, Edgewater, NJ. The following information provided outlines our policies and procedures as well as our rules and regulations. If you have participated in our past markets please take time to thoroughly read through as policies and rules for vendor inclusion have changed. If you have questions regarding rules and regulations please contact us.
If you are accepted into the Farmer's Market you will be notified by e-mail. Your welcome e-mail will contain your contract, specific pricing information and any other information pertinent to your particular business.
Please review all of the following information before applying.
The Market will run Saturdays, May 12th, 2018 to November 17th, 2018.
- Rain or Shine -
The Edgewater Farmers Market has established the following rules and regulations in adherence with the mission of the Town of Edgewater and Mova Media to promote economic and social progress in the Town of Edgewater, NJ.
Accepted Vendor Products
- Vegetables and Fruits
- Flowers, herbs, plants and nursery crops
- Nuts, seeds, and grains including those that have been processed into packaged goods.
- Meat and dairy items must be sold by farm or butcher or resold/distributed directly by a farm or butcher (Exceptions are made for pre-made frozen or “Ready to Eat” foods)
- Honey, pickles, pestos, chutneys, jams, jellies, preserves, sauces, specialty beverages, fermented vegetables, condiments, oils, vinegars, seasonings, herb blends and spice/produce rubs
- Breads, cakes, pies and other savory or sweet bakery goods
- Prepared foods
- Frozen pre-made specialty foods
- Wool, yarns and other unprocessed animal products
- Herbal, therapeutic and toiletry products
*For consideration of items not listed please contact the Edgewater Farmers Market with as much information about your product as possible.
Non-Accepted Vendors or Vendor Items*
- Street fair like foods. IE: Cotton Candy, hot dogs, fries
- Produced foods made in an unlicensed kitchen
- Any items which have not been submitted to and approved by the Edgewater Farmer’s Market Committee
- For all intents and purposes this is to be considered an abridged list to be used as a basic guideline for the climate of the Edgewater Farmers Market
All Vendors must be approved by the Edgewater Farmer’s Market committee. Vendors are selected solely at the discretion of this committee and may be refused participation for any reason. The Edgewater Farmer’s Market Committee and Market manager may terminate a vendor’s participation at any time whereas a nonbinding or nonexistent contract permit the release of vendor obligations.
Additional food vendors may be solicited or accepted by the Edgewater Farmer’s Market Committee to sell products that enhance the mission of the Edgewater Farmer’s Market at their sole discretion.
EDGEWATER FARMERS’ MARKET POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
In an effort to reduce incidences at our Farmer’s Market, we have created a short form of policies and procedures that must be adhered to in order to continue participation in our Market. Please read this carefully, sign and date the bottom and return it with all of your paperwork to begin the season.
- PLEASE BE ON TIME- Any vendors who arrive after 9am will not be able to sell on that market day. Timing is important to insure the safety of the public once the market has opened.
- Vendors must provide at least 48-hour advance notice if unable to attend - please email the market committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Vendors will NOT be refunded for the days they were absent.
- Vendors must provide their own tent and table in good, clean condition. All tents must be white unless granted permission by the Market Director. Each table MUST have a cover and look clean and professional
- Use gloves and paper when handling baked goods
- No loud music from vehicle or tent at any time
- Any flyers or business cards must stay at your tent, please do not put them on café tables. We are trying to keep the market space clean. If you see solicitors please notify a market staff member.
- The market will be held rain or shine however in the event of severe rain and/or wind, the market may be canceled. Please call the market manager if you have any doubts whether the market will proceed.
- If the market manager has stated that the market is canceled, you may NOT come and set up and sell anyway.
- NO ELECTRIC HEATERS allowed
- All food heating devices that require electricity must be approved by the market manager before use.
- Please clean up after yourself. NO EXCEPTIONS. It is mandatory to keep your tent area clean at all times during the market. The Market manager will provide sufficient trash receptacles for use by the public. Each vendor is responsible for their space and will be expected to clean it before leaving the area. The Market area shall be kept free of litter, trash and unsightly clutter. Each vendor is required to bring one trash receptacle and recycling receptacle. Vendors not in compliance will be assessed a $50.00 fee.
If you are selected to participate in this season’s market you may be required to have the following:
- The Certificate of Insurance must indicate the following: (a) Minimum limits of $500,000 CSL personal liability (for individual(s) town residents) $1,000,000 CSL, General liability (for businesses and all others) for bodily injury and property damage. Note: The Borough may require higher liability limits upon review of the application i.e. nature of activities planned, number of persons attending, proposed entertainment, the serving of Liquor (if permitted) or any other reason it deems necessary. (b) Said Insurance certificate shall name the Borough of Edgewater it’s Officials, agents and employees as additional insured’s (c) Said Insurance certificate shall name Mova Media as it’s Officials, agents and employees as additional insured’s
- Current Edgewater Health Department Certificate (food vendors)
FEE SCHEDULE FOR THE 2018 FARMERS MARKET SEASON
UPDATE: $35.00 per 10x10 space, per market for ALL VENDORS this season!!!
$65.00 one time registration fee
$35.00 per 10x10 space, per market (non food vendors)
$50 per per 10X10 space, per market (food vendors)
Payment Schedule Options - 4 market dates minimum
- MONTHLY - pay per month due prior to the start of your billing period
- 1/2 SEASON - prepay for half season
- FULL SEASON - prepay for full season (registration fee waived)
Once accepted you will receive an invoice for payment within 10 days.
EDGEWATER FARMER’S MARKET